Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The purchase of any travel services offered by Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (ABN 12 001 268 257), authorised to trade as The Globus Family of Brands (which includes the authorisation to trade as Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways) (“The Company”) constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (also referred to in these conditions as “traveller”) and The Company, and represents your acceptance of The Company’s Terms & Conditions as set out herein. Please ensure that you carefully read and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to booking. As the lead traveller, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking, and you will be deemed to have accepted The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking. You are advised to check The Company’s websites or to request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your Travel Agent or The Company prior to booking your holiday.
2. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to group reservations. For group reservations, please call 1300 330 334 or see the Travel Agent section on the website.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION
3. To make your reservation or for enquiries see your Travel Agent or call 1300 230 234.
DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT
4. Except as provided in clause 7, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per land tour is required for The Company to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions as noted below. ($500 per person for Monograms packages with included air flights.) The deposit must be received within 7 days of booking. On certain departures, deposits may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received by The Company by the deposit due date. Your booking is not confirmed and payment is not deemed made until the deposit is received by The Company and The Company sends a confirmation invoice to you. Any bookings made within 21 days of your departure from Australia will incur a late booking fee of $30 per transaction.
5. Payment of the deposit confirms you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
6. The Company accepts payment via Bpay, electronic fund transfer (EFT), cheque, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Merchant fees apply to purchases made by credit card. Please review and verify your booking invoice thoroughly and contact your Travel Agent or The Company immediately if your invoice appears to be incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible to make changes later. The Company cannot accept responsibility if it is not notified of invoice inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the invoice. In the case of billing errors, The Company reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
7. Subject to clause 8 below, below, you have a cooling-off period of seven (7) days during which you may cancel your holiday. Your cancellation must be made in writing to The Company within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period will commence on the first day following the day on which you book your holiday. If you cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period your deposit will be refunded and no cancellation fee will apply. If you do not cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period, then all other of these Terms and Conditions apply.
8. No cooling-off period will apply to holidays booked less than 45 days before a scheduled land tour departure, and less than 90 days before a scheduled cruise departure, or earlier if specified for the particular holiday. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
9. The following deposit and/or final payment dates apply to these holidays. Please see your invoice for more information on deposit and/ or final payment dates. Other final payment dates may apply to Globus Family of Brands holidays listed in this brochure. Please check with your Travel Agent or the Company prior to booking for the Terms and Conditions of those holidays.
AIR TRAVEL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAYS
10. An additional $200 per person non-refundable air travel deposit is required for any air travel booked in conjunction with any holiday. Air travel can only be booked by The Company in conjunction with a holiday package. All air travel is subject to the airline’s terms and conditions and applicable laws, which may limit or exclude its liability to you.
11. Additional taxes and fees may apply to your holiday price if you book an air-inclusive holiday with The Company. These taxes and fees may vary depending on your itinerary. Please ask your Travel Agent or a representative of The Company at time of reservation for more information.
EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
12. All passengers must provide emergency contact details and travel insurance information PRIOR TO TRAVEL. This includes a “Local” contact so that The Company can get in touch with friends or family in the rare case of an emergency as well as an “On Tour” contact, i.e. mobile, for use by the Tour or Cruise Director. Emergency contact details should be provided by creating a customer MyAccount at www.globusfamily.com. au and following the instructions given.
13. Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are sent by post approximately 2-3 weeks prior to departure, provided full payment and Emergency Contact Details have been received.
14. Acceptance on the holiday is subject to presentation of your Tour Member Certificate, which details the services you have purchased from The Company and which will be available in your final Travel Documents.
CANCELLATIONS AND CANCELLATION FEES
15. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company before the final payment due date of your holiday, the non-refundable deposit will be retained in addition to any airline imposed fees or cancellation charges. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company after the final payment due date of your holiday, the below specified per person cancellation fees apply for individual reservations. The total price specified below does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. (For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy). No cancellation fee will apply to holidays cancelled within the cooling off period (see clause 7).
STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR INDEPENDENT HOLIDAYS.
16 45-22 days prior to scheduled departure: 20% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
17. 21-8 days prior to scheduled departure: 30% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
18. 7-1 days prior to scheduled departure: 50% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
19. On scheduled departure day and later: 100% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
20. Note: Pre-paid gratuities are not subject to cancellation fees.
21. Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services reserved prior to, during, and after the holiday. If flight changes (including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes) are requested, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply in addition to the above cancellation fees (see “Revision Fees” below).
22. Airline revision or change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at the time of cancellation. If an air travel inclusive holiday is cancelled after air tickets have been issued, any applicable refunds will be processed after air tickets are returned to The Company.
23. Cancellation fees relating to insurance policies will be subject to the Terms and Conditions of the insurance provider and will incur the standard Revision Fee (see “Revision Fees” on the right).
24. The Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any holiday departure in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its control. If a holiday is cancelled prior to the scheduled departure date, The Company’s only responsibility will be to refund the amount received for the reservation. Wherever possible, The Company will offer the same holiday with a different departure date, or an alternative similar holiday. If there is a difference in cost, it will be your expense. For air-inclusive holidays, The Company will try to confirm air schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability. The Company is not responsible for any additional costs or fees relating to the issuance and/ or cancellation of air tickets or other travel arrangements not made through The Company.
25. The above cancellation charges will be applied in all cases. The Company strongly recommends you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, and land content and airfare charges that may arise, including due to cancellation. For more details about travel insurance, see your Travel Agent or call us on 1300 230 234.
26. A fee of $30 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after the original reservation is made. Any revision to an air travel reservation may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations or increased airfare which will be payable by you. Additional airline and hotel charges may also apply and may be up to 100% of the full price. A change of traveller name, holiday date, or itinerary after the final payment date will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; holiday cancellation fees (as on the left) apply.
AIR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
27. Airfare may be purchased through The Company for travel originating from Australia. All carriers are independent operators and are not owned, managed, or operated by The Company. Your airline ticket is a contract between you and the air carrier only, even if you purchase through The Company. By purchasing your air services through The Company you waive all liability for The Company for such air services.
28. The Company is not responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, or delays a flight for any reason. If you purchased air through The Company, we will try to assist in making new arrangements, providing you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements, including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline-imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly at time of request.
29. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by The Company for portions of trips missed due to cancelled, rescheduled, or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is The Company responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
30. For the benefit of everyone on your holiday, The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any traveller and to remove any traveller whose conduct is deemed incompatible with the interests of the other travellers. The Company will not refund or cover any cost or expenses incurred for termination of holiday arrangements due to unacceptable behaviour.
31. Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone advice: Samsung has announced a voluntary recall and exchange program on certain Galaxy Note7 smartphones. These phones can overheat and catch fire, posing a burn/fire hazard. As the safety of all guests is our top priority, these devices are not allowed on any Globus family of brands motorcoach, ship, or any other form of transportation.
32. All Cruise Directors, Local Hosts, Local Guides, and ships’ crews speak English, and all holiday commentary is conducted in English only. For maximum enjoyment and understanding, you should be able to read and speak English.
TRAVELLERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOURS AND/OR CRUISES
33. You must report to The Company at the time of reservation any disability requiring special attention while on tour or on a cruise. The Company will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travellers, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so; nor is The Company responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. The Company cannot provide individual assistance to a holiday participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches, cruise ships and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travellers who need such assistance and must assume full responsibility for their well-being.
34. If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, The Company reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your holiday if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the holiday, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or personnel onboard the vessel, are incompatible with other travellers, or if you are not traveling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. The Company will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or termination of the holiday. Cancellation penalties, as above, apply.
35. Some locations and sightseeing activities may not accommodate wheelchairs and may require extensive standing, sitting or walking. The Company is not responsible for any missed activities due to a traveller’s inability to participate with the group. Most transportation services, including the touring motor coaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps.
36. Although some of our ships have elevators, many of our small ships (e.g. river cruise vessels) do not. Passengers requiring ship elevators should enquire before reservations. Cabin doors and restrooms are not wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs, and bathrooms and other doorways may be fitted with coamings. For safety reasons, passengers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports where the ship is at anchor. Motorised scooters are not typically suitable on international tours or cruises.
37. Be aware that during your participation on holidays operated by The Company, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including but not limited to: the hazards of traveling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The Company will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a holiday and/ or optional excursions you agree that you will hold The Company harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. The Company is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold The Company harmless for such.
38. No weapons of any type are permitted on The Company holiday at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brace knuckles and other weapons of any type.
39. Travellers under 18 years old on the scheduled departure date must be accompanied by an adult and share the adult’s accommodation for the duration of the holiday.
40. The following age restrictions apply:
a. Monograms independent holidays: Children of all ages are eligible to travel. Land arrangements for infants under two years of age are free of charge, providing parents pay hotels directly for special arrangements (eg. Food, cot, etc.)
b. Monograms independent holidays: Children aged 12-17 receive a 10% discount off the land tour price (not including internal air travel). Children aged 11 and under receive a 25% discount on the land tour price when sharing accommodation with one adult.
41. Young traveller discounts are based on the age of the traveller at the scheduled departure date.
42. Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarised letter be written by the parents, or non-travelling parent, granting authorisation to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
43. Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by Monograms. On cruise ships, smoking is restricted to certain areas of the vessel. Smoking includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, e-cigars or any other smoking device.
44. Many hotels, restaurant and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third party smoking policies.
45. Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the Monograms holiday. You are responsible for knowing and observing the Licensing Laws for drug possession for all countries and states you are visiting. Repatriation is at your expense.
46. All holiday prices are based on rates (including foreign exchange rates) known at the time of publication, are expected to be in effect at the time of departure and do not include airfare except where specified. Prices are subject to increase without notice if such rates change prior to departure. Holiday prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single room supplements are listed where applicable. Triple room reductions for land holidays are also listed. Please call us for more information on rates. Not all accommodation types are available on all holidays.
47. Prices will be confirmed at the time of reservation. Prices are subject to increase without notice, subject to the guarantees set forth below.
48. Once The Company has received your full deposit for any holiday departing 01 January 2018 to 31 December 2018, that price (excluding air travel) is guaranteed, and any subsequent land/cruise cost increases are at The Company’s expense, not including surcharges, energy cost increases, air travel whilst on tour and/or any government tax increases. Air travel tickets booked via The Company are guaranteed once full payment has been received. This guarantee does not include any government/airport tax increases and currency fluctuations.
49. 2019 departures are subject to price and itinerary modifications. Full details will be available in September 2018. Travellers have the right to cancel their reservation without penalty within 7 days of notification in the event of a price increase for departures in 2019.
VISAS & PASSPORTS
50. You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation. All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple-entry visas are required for some holidays. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
FREQUENT FLYER & HOTEL REWARD PROGRAMS
51. Frequent Flyer mileage accrual is at the discretion of the airline(s), and is not always granted for airfare purchased through The Company. You will need to contact the airline(s) directly for information on Frequent Flyer Programs and any applicable reward mile accrual. The Company cannot assist with this process. Cancellation penalties, as noted above, will apply to all airfare, regardless of accrual grants. Take this into consideration before purchasing airfare.
52. Hotel rewards/points cannot be earned or redeemed with hotels used by The Company.
53. After departure, if the services included in the holiday cannot be supplied, or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of The Company, The Company will arrange for the provision of comparable services wherever possible. Any resulting additional expense will be payable by travellers and any resulting savings will be refunded by The Company to travellers.
54. The accommodation listed in our websites/ brochures is intended to be used on all departures. However, if a change becomes necessary for any reason, substitute accommodation will be equivalent in standard to that shown. No refunds are provided for accommodation variations and full cancellation penalties as noted above apply.
55. Every effort is made to reserve only twin-bedded rooms. Occasionally, some hotels will only provide double-bedded rooms. These rooms will be allocated to couples where possible. Room and bed preferences may be requested, but cannot be guaranteed. Please note that check-in times vary worldwide and The Company cannot control or guarantee check-in times. Triple-room configuration is at the discretion of individual hotels. Payment for a single supplement ensures your own room, not necessarily a twin-bedded room.
56. In exceptional cases where private bath or single rooms as reserved by us are not available, refunds will be made by the Local Host. Claims for such refunds will not be accepted after the holiday has been completed.
57. Air-conditioning in European hotels is not guaranteed and dependent upon local and national laws and regulations. Though hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night or from October-May. Other restrictions may apply. The Company has no control over air-conditioning restrictions and regulations.
58. Porterage for one suitcase per person travelling is included in the holiday price. Airport and train station porterage is not included. Your single bag should not exceed the dimensions of 76x53x28cm (30”x21”x11”) and weight of 22kg (50lbs). We are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits. Some holidays have more restrictive regulations than these listed above. Please refer to your Travel Documents for applicable regulations.
59. Air carrier restrictions may vary from the limitations listed above. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination. While making an air-inclusive booking, you will be provided with baggage fee information should the fare paid not include checked baggage. After booking an air-inclusive booking, up-to-date information on carrier-specific standard checked baggage allowance (including size and weight limitations), the standard allowance (and fee, if applicable) for carry-on baggage, and the standard fee for the first and second checked bag, along with the information about additional discounts that may apply depending on flyer- specific factors (e.g., frequent flyer status, credit card used for purchase, or early purchase over the Internet, etc.), can be found on the carrier’s website. The Company is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage, and these fees are not included in the air-inclusive holiday price. You will be required to pay these fees directly to the airline at check-in.
60. Carry-on baggage is limited to one bag per person travelling and must not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12”x11”x6”). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable and will not be permitted as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
61. No responsibility is accepted by The Company for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveller’s belongings throughout the duration of the holiday. Travellers are strongly encouraged to not bring valuables such as jewellery and large amounts of cash. Any such valuables should not be left in baggage out of the control of the traveller. Baggage insurance is highly recommended.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE HOLIDAY PRICE
62. Airfares & airport taxes and fees (unless specified); passports; visas; vaccinations; tips to your Tour Director, Tour Driver (unless pre-paid, see below), local city guides and other ship personnel; gratuities on ferries, trains and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; mini-bar; beverages and food not on the contracted Globus menu (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship or restaurant); optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; SafetyNet Protection; insurance of any kind; baggage fees; and all other items of personal nature.
SERVICE INQUIRIES AFTER THE HOLIDAY AND COMPLAINTS
63. After returning from your holiday, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Monograms, Client Relations, Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (see address under “Responsibility”).
64. Should you have a complaint in respect of your holiday, you should inform your Tour/Cruise Director immediately so they may attempt to rectify the matter. Any complaint or claim involving the holiday services offered must be notified to The Company within 30 days of the holiday completion date.
65. During local or national holidays or special events, on Sundays and religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, places of worship, restaurants, sightseeing tours, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. The Company will not be held responsible for any closures or curtailments in circumstances beyond its control. Christmas markets: Please note that markets generally close prior to Christmas Eve.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
66. Please be aware that during your participation in holidays operated by The Company, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including but not limited to: the hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The Company will not be liable for the provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a holiday and/or optional excursions you agree that you will hold The Company harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered.
67. The Company will use its best efforts to cater for your special dietary requirements and allergies. If you have any special dietary requirements please inform The Company at the time of making your reservation. However, The Company cannot guarantee that certain products will not be in food served. The Company will not accept any liability in relation to any medical conditions, special dietary requirements and/or allergies of travellers, even if such conditions are listed in the Emergency Contact Details provided by the traveller. You must make your own decisions when selecting meals. The Company’s comments are only to assist you in making an informed decision.
CONDUCT DURING YOUR HOLIDAY
68. For the benefit of everyone on your holiday, The Company has the right to accept or reject any traveller. Behaviour or conduct which is for example (but not limited to) offensive (physically or verbally), dangerous to yourself or others, criminal, discriminatory, or incompatible with the interests of other travellers or the staff will not be tolerated. You must comply with all directions of the Company and its representatives. The Company have the absolute right to remove any traveller whose behaviour or conduct infringes these rules, who does not comply with directions or whose presence on the holiday affects the safety, enjoyment or well-being of any person. In such circumstances, the Company:-
a) May contact and hand you over to any relevant authority;
b) Is not liable to make any refunds;
c) Has no liability whatsoever to you;
d) Has no obligation to assist you with any onward travel or accommodation;
e) Is entitled to recover from you any cost or expense incurred.
69. For operational reasons, not all optional shore excursions listed in the cruise itinerary, in print, online, or in travel documents may be available during your holiday. Your Cruise Director will advise of availability while on cruise.
70. Optional shore excursions may be purchased 90 days in advance of travel via MyAccount. Booking conditions apply (refer to MyAccount Terms & Conditions)
MEDICAL AND HEALTH
71. The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any medical attention you require while travelling with The Company must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense. The Company cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services. The Company reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who show signs of illness, or who pose a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety or behaviour related assessment is at the sole discretion of The Company. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis and/or any other medically related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to re-join The Company with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fit to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
72. Many local laws require the use of seatbelts while traveling. When seatbelts are provided, you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. The Company is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any injury, loss, damages, claims or death resulting from any accident or incident if